Wednesday 14 March 2012

P R E S E N T A T I O N A N D M O O D B O A R D S

Today I had a small group presentation with Chris that gave everyone a chance to showcase the progression of your project and your intentions with the rest of the project. I felt overall that my presentation went well and in turn the feedback I received was positive. Chris liked my choice of final image and the way I captured the movement. In the past my feedback has been hard to receive as I haven't been able to show much other than research images, experimentations and mood boards, so it was great to hear I am on the right track. It also became apparent  that in comparison with my mood boards the project was beginning to take shape and was on the right track. I will admit I have found it hard to start my project due to drastic changes in the beginning somewhat throwing my concept and original idea off track. Therefore it is great to feel back on track and I feel I have a new found confidence within my project.


A point that was made to all was that despite being on the right track, we all need a goal to work with and that it is important to work out who we are going to print with as well as when we will need to have everything ready for print. So taking this on board I have been looking at printers and have found a company called Mimeo (http://www.mimeo.co.uk/). I have been in contact with them and once I have a few more images I will be organising a test print. Whilst talking to Mimeo they did say there machinery was unable to print a perfect bound landscape book that opens at the side, however they could print so the bind was at the top. Mimeo have given me a few days to think this over and I will get back to them when I have worked out if this is in fact suitable for my project. The more I have considered this I believe it may in fact be quite effective and fit the overall concept well. 


 Please see below two of my moodboards that show the inspiration and makeup for my next two shoots which were also today. Although I had the studio space booked between 2-8pm I was only able to use the studio between 4.30 and 8pm due to my presentation time. However this proved to be enough time today, and overall I am pleased with my outcome. 







No comments:

Post a Comment