Friday 13 April 2012

L I G H T A N D R E F L E C T

Here are some unedited images from my most recent shoot. I have used LED lights and captured certain movement, whilst I have used foil and formed it to create specific shapes and reflection on the face. I did try to create the concept of LED lights in a previous shoot however was unable to shoot as a fuse blew in the lights. This proved problematic as new red LED lights were required. Fortunately I managed to find some and was able to create the look I originally had in mind. I wanted the lights to represent the idea of veins which is why I chose the colour I did. Veins born externally? 

The foil worked really well and formed a subtle mask over the face. The material was perfect, reflecting the blue light and capturing movement. When planning this shoot I intended to capture close ups of the foil with no body parts visible. But when actually shooting I felt it looked more effective and stronger as a concept with the shoulders of the model visible. Out of all my images so far I am most pleased with the lighting in the foil images as I believe it shows the blue tones but touching softly on the skin. 









These are my 2 chosen images and will be used as my final pieces.







Photography, concept and stylist:
Lauren Banner

No comments:

Post a Comment