Friday 13 April 2012

S T R I N G & W I R E

Previously I did do a test shoot that used string to manipulate the shape of the face, however in my test shoot the makeup was unsuitable for a futuristic theme. I did really like the overall concept of the string shots so I decided to re-shoot with more appropriate lighting and makeup.


I have included a few images that haven't been retouched (right) that show the string and the effect it created and then a few unedited images that show the imprint the string left on the skin when removed. I love the last image where the model is looking at the camera, however I don't feel the imprint from the 
string is powerful enough as an image.




Please see below for my final image, edited.



Photographer, concept and MUA:
Lauren Banner

Assistant:
Allie Meek




W I R E 

Wire has been a material I knew would play an important part to this project, this being the material, texture and colour all relates well to my innovative theme. From my previous shoot with string I felt it engorged the features but the skin did not bulge over the string. Wire being a harder material is a good material to cause the skin to bulge through the gaps, My thoughts initially were to wrap wire closely around the neck however I have created a number of images that focus on the neck and also this could cause a health and safety issue. I wrapped the wire tightly around the arms and photographed as the skin swelled. My model was very patient and willing although did say during the shoot that it was painful. After I took the wire off the arms the skin was left with lines and imprints I didn't actually plan to shoot this because I thought it would not leave such strong lines. The images below show both the wire on the skin and the skin once the wire was removed. This is one of my favourite outcomes because I was not expecting such a strong effect.





Photographer, concept and MUA: 
Lauren Banner

Assistant:
Allie Meek

No comments:

Post a Comment