Thursday 9 February 2012

S K I N J E W E L L E R Y

'In the future all makeup will be like this.'
(http://www.jmaskrey.com/index.php)

After seeing the work of McRae and Hess I have started to look at ideas differently. I am looking at a new take on jewellery and looking at the idea of skin jewellery. J. Maskrey started her career as a makeup artist and has now furthered this with some hand crafted pieces made with innovative materials. I have included a few images of her work to represent this. 





The materials Maskery use add texture, sparkle and colour to the body in a modern way that will appeal to a wide audience. Appealing to a wide audience is the aim within my project and I will be aware of this factor throughout the development of my project.

J. Maskrey has even taken this idea further and is now adding the jewels onto clothing to create a clothing range that dazzles. Looking at this range was helpful as it has helped me to see placement of the materials onto the body. The nation has recently been taken by storm and has been popularised by the television show The Only Way Is Essex is the Vajazzle in which the idea of combining jewellery and the body has been adapted..


Images taken from http://www.jmaskrey.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment